Simba HPC is an electronics design house specialising in high performance hardware and software development for digital signal processing and accelerated computing. We are based in Cambridge, UK.
- Phased array beamforming for sonar, radar and medical ultrasound
- Synthetic aperture processing for sonar and radar
- Acceleration of computationally intensive algorithms including financial risk modelling
- System on Chip (SoC) design including multi-core CPUs
- Audio and video processing including ASIC IP for hearing aids
- Embedded and high performance software
We work closely with customers to develop components of larger systems, production ready designs and prototypes. We can work with on a fixed price basis or at a daily rate.
Many of our designs use FPGA devices from vendors including Xilinx, Altera and Lattice. We believe in always selecting the the most appropriate technology for the application and have produced designs that combine FPGAs with desktop PCs and embedded processors such as the TI OMAP and multicore DSPs such as the TI c66x (c6678).
We have the expertise to develop complete systems including FPGA design, PCB design and software development. Our staff have strong academic backgrounds enabling us to quickly grasp complex requirements including those based on highly mathematical algorithms.